Today kickstarts Gnomedex 10 – the annual confab put on by local entrepreneur and CNN Tech correspondent Chris Pirillo. Kind of like TED but more tech, Gnomedex has been an annual must-attend event for years and this may be the last one. Alas, I made plans to take my son to the Oregon International Airshow this weekend and won’t be able to attend. So here are the Top 5 things I would want to hear at Gnomedex:
- Someone ask Tom Nugent, co-founder of LaserMotive if he’s related to Ted Nugent. I’m certain someone will do this. I’m also pretty certain a laser-powered Skynet drone will suddenly appear and attack the person who asks him.
- Matt Inman, because I eat The Oatmeal every day (e.g. Today, Yesterday, and Tomorrow).
- Anyone who presents after Violet Blue. Poor Jason Barger – something tells me that the audience is going to need a smoke break after Violet’s presentation.
- Barbara Evans uncork a bottle of Domaine Romanée-Conti on-stage and pour half out for her “Homies” to the horror of the audience.
- Charles Brennick give away an Xbox 360/Kinect bundle. Charles runs Interconnection.org, a non-profit organization that refurbs PCs for donation to underserved communities worldwide. (Disclaimer: I am on the Board of Directors for IC)
Here’s to hoping this isn’t the last Gnomedex so I can plan better. Can’t attend in person like me? Check out Gnomedex online at www.gnomedex.com. Congratulations to Chris and have a great show.
Update: Jeff Barr has some great mind maps of the sessions at Gnomedex here.