They say you can never time the real-estate market. In June we took our house off the market in order to focus on family events – namely three birthdays, eleven out of town guests, a baptism, and an anniversary all in July. Then our friends across the street put their house on the market and we certainly didn’t want to compete with them and figured we’d wait another year or so. Now we’re putting our house back on the market knowing with the amount of inventory it may be spring before we find a buyer and are comfortable with that. This has been a hard decision again the second time around due to our close friendships in the neighborhood, but I’m confident they can weather our move. We’re not that important, nor going that far :).
Here’s the listing if you know anyone interested: MLS 28156335. Priced reasonably at $500,000 and includes over $30,000 in documented upgrades. 1yo Hot tub, Stainless Grill and outdoor speakers stay.
Stunning Swiftwater craftsman w/ thousands in upgrades. Charming & inviting w/ radiused corners, vaulted ceilings & painted doors & millwork. Custom window treatments. Warm wood cabinets, slab granite counters & stainless appliances grace the kitchen. Family rm wired for home theater. Bright & sunny 5-piece master bath. Cul-de-sac, professionally landscaped private 1/2 acre lot w/ garden space, fruit trees, shed, play equipment & privacy fence. Large patio w/ ext speakers & hot tub. Much more!
As for where we’re moving, we’re staying in the area and are watching two neighborhoods but won’t do anything until our house sells. We’re considering using RedFin as our buying agent given the 2/3 commission back. We know where we want to move and over 130 Microsoft employees have used them so far. We could really use the money to keep expenses in check should any move happen. Our goal is to move to location with more interior space – we don’t need as much land as we have now though I’m apprehensive about losing the peace and tranquility. We’re looking in a few areas, ideally with just under 1/4 acre.