Power Pack 1 fixes the data corruption bug as well as delivers significant new functionality including:
- 1×64 support for home computers running Windows Vista
- Home Server Shared Folder backup
- Improved remote access experience
- Improvements to power consumption and performance
- Localization support for Japan and China
HP has also started pushing an update to their Windows Home Server powered HP Media Smart products timed to coincide with Power Pack 1.
Congrats to the Windows Home Server team. I really like WHS and would run it instead of Vista Premium + Drobo as my primary home media hub if they’d support Windows Media Center & OCUR recording as a service. Then I’d truly have a headless home media server that does it all (as I sit here dealing with my wife’s system requiring a backup…) How would you improve Windows Home Server after this release?